Holstein / Friesian Beef Contracts
Meat produced from Holstein / Friesian bulls and steers plays a key role in the meat processing industry. Sales of 'processed' meat continue to rise, and there is an opportunity for beef producers to take advantage of this growing market using male Holstein / Friesian cattle.
Contracts on offer
Holstein / Friesian bulls and steers can be committed to a 'Blade Farming Forward price contract' to give the producer the security of a reliable market at a given time.
A limited number of cattle places are available on a contract with a +20 p/Kg premium.
The contract price will be based on the ABP weekly base price, and the carcases will be paid for according to the 'Blade Farming' pricing grid which is suited to Holstein/Friesian beef.
Prices details quoted refer to the ABP base price, and are correct as at 1st July 2012.
- First class weaned calves arrive to order on the Finishing unit
- A forward price contract for the finished cattle is signed soon after the calves arrive on farm, securing a premium price for the cattle provided that they meet the target specifications
- Cattle must be finished on a high cereal diet, containing a high vitamin E supplement to enhance the quality of the meat
- Bulls should be finished by 14 months of age, with a minimum carcass weight of 255 Kgs dwt
- All cattle will be priced according to their weight and grade
- Finishing cattle at a young age meets the consumer's requirements, and increases the throughput of the unit
- Nutritional and management advice is available from Blade Farming representatives and our Partners in the feed supply industry to ensure that the cattle meet their growth targets
Blade Farming as featured on BBC Countryfile
Blade Farming work closely with Compassion In World Farming to find solutions for unwanted Holstein male calves from the dairy industry. We are committed to use as many male calves in our supply chain as we can and we were the first to offer long term contracts to beef finishers
John Craven meets up with Richard Phelps to see how Blade Farming are making a difference to the number of unwanted calves produced by the dairy industry.
Fill in your details and we'll call you back
Do you and your farming business have what it takes to join the Blade Farming scheme?
Download our informative brochure which outlines the benefits for Beef farmers of being part of this dynamic business and all it has to offer.